Saturday, July 12, 2008

Go ahead...lick your computer screen...no one's looking

So my interview baking went down VERY well. I am thoroughly pleased with my results. I made a chocolate cake, which I cut into circles (thank you baby for suggesting WS to find the right shape). Then I put a thin layer of homemade dark chocolate mousse in between two of the circles. Topped off with a little more mousse, a fresh raspberry, some raspberry coulee drizzled on top with dark chocolate shavings. I am just proud of myself and not ashamed to say it, I did a darn good job and they not only look fantastic they taste fantastic.
No matter what happens I feel like I have taken a step in the right direction.


I will explain the process in pictures, because..well it's my blog, so just deal.








Letting the Cake cool after baking.










Making the raspberry coulee







This is after cutting the circles and adding the mousse. I wrapped them in parchment paper and let them set in the refrigerator.










This is just one plate design, I went with something different in the box.







4 comments:

Gustavo Larry said...

Thanks for making me very hungry.....tease. When do I get any desserts?

Sarah said...

11 days! I'm so excited to come and see you.

mulderjoe said...

The computer screen was a major disappointment. Man, that looks delicious, though!!

Sarah said...

Thanks, I just made a whole bunch more for my coworkers. Now everyone wishes they worked with me.