This card (which you can't see most of even though I used that stupid flower setting) is on a textured cream cardstock, with the green and red cardstock layered on top. I stamped the Christmas tree image, and Season's Greetings in Versamark, and then used some silver embossing powder, and a heat gun to melt the embossing powder leaving me a great image of the Christmas tree. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I think it looks great.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Ten Things Ten Cards - Day 1
So I've decided to share the ten cards that I am doing for the Craft Show and ten things that you may or may not know about me.
Ten things you may or may not know about me:
1. I can pick up pretty much anything with my toes. Bottles, pennies, clothes etc. I have freakishly strong toes.
2. Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I love Canada, and no matter where I live it will always truly be home to me.
3. I have a weird obsession with a) Victorian Houses and b) Porches. When we do buy a house in the next few years it will probably be a Victorian house and have a large porch.
4. My favourite flower is a white Daisy.
5. I'm kind of a food snob, not towards other people, but more towards restaurants who should know what they are doing but don't. I often critique the food I eat when I am out and can almost always pin point which spice was needed to make the meal better, or which one should have been left out. I have little to no sympathy for whiny waiters and incompetent kitchen staff. (I.E. Cold Mashed Potatoes)
6. My favourite time of the year is Fall. I like fall fashions, fall weather and fall smells. That wet leaves smell you can only smell during fall, taking long walks in beautiful parks that have the leaves all changing colours. Fall foods, casseroles and soups! Love it!
7. I'm actually very handy, when I was little I spent a lot of time with my Dad helping him building things and using my hands. He taught me a lot and I'm greatful for it. I put together all of my furniture and I love home improvement jobs.
8. Even though I joke about leaving Ava on a bus or handing her over to strangers when she is driving me crazy, I'm very proud of her. I think she's incredible smart and that even at two *tear*, she's an amazing woman.
9. I used to be scared of the future because I could never see a direct or clear path. It always felt like it was out of focus or I couldn't quite grasp it. For those who know me, they I'm sure are well aware of how that makes me, the planner, the organizer, the writer and researcher of all things, feel. Making hard decisions and standing up for myself for the first time in too long allowed my path and future to settle nicely into focus.
10. I recently applied for a new job within my company. I like my current job, even the days that drive me crazy, but I do not feel that I am being challenged enough, I also cannot see a clear career path (see above...) so that is why I am applying for a new one, one that does have a career path. Even if my current unit offers me a promotion with more money, even if it happens to be more money than the other I applied for, I will most likely still turn it down in favor for the other job, because it's not about the money, it's about the focused path.