Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm a baking genius!!



I've been baking quite a bit lately, I made these sprinkle cupcakes:


They were okay, I thought they were kind of dry and that the frosting was a little sweet, but pretty much everyone else liked them, even when I told them to stop lying to me.



Then I came up with the most brilliant idea of apple pie ravioli. I know, what?? But I basically made Apple pie, I rolled out the dough and then put some filling on the pastry and then placed dough over top and used my ravioli cutter to cut out the squares. They were really really tasty, perfect instead of baking a whole pie or dealing with messy pie slices.
-Yes it would be more tasty with a slice of sharp cheddar, or vanilla ice cream.
I also made about 72 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were SO good, they disappeared from work in less than 2 days.
It was fun, I actually felt the need to bake and it wasn't until my Dad reminded me it was the anniversary of my Avo's death that I realized why I felt like baking so much. I honestly do feel like I get my culinary intuition passed down from her. I often think of her when I am cooking a big meal or making something I am truly proud of. I miss her dearly, and I wish she could be here to enjoy her granddaughter. It's not fair, she was too young.

1 comment:

Gustavo Larry said...

I'm sorry bunny. You are a great baker and I'm sure she's looking down at you and amazed at how much skill you have. I'm sure this is only the beginning of your culinary masterpieces. I love your cooking. Love you.