Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scuba diving

So this past weekend I had an introductory lesson for Scuba Diving. For those of you that don't know me, I'm pretty much a fish. I've always been fascinated by all things underwater. Scuba diving on Sunday was amazing. It's hard to describe the feeling of taking your first few breaths underwater. I can completely understand how it might freak some people out. The hardest part is being underwater and reminding yourself to breathe.

My instructor Casi was a great teacher, she said I seemed to have a knack for it, which, of course, always pleases me! So I signed up with them to complete my first level PADI certification. Which means I will be able to scuba dive anywhere in the world. There are a whole variety of different courses you can be certified in, they all sound very very cool!

Larry's going to become certified as well, we're both really excited for our new hobby we can explore together.

So my current obsession, as it were is The Blue Hole located off the coast of Belize. It is pretty much the coolest thing you've ever seen. Saving my pennies now for my future Belize trip!!

No comments: